Friday, February 2, 2007

Stress, Health and Weight control

"Thousands are claiming incapacity benefits for stress in sicknote Britain"
Last updated at 22:00pm on 31st January 2007 (Daily Mail)

My Reply to this article:

As a Hypnotherapist, NLP practitioner and Stress Manager I have indeed seen my work load increase over the years. Most comes from the workplace and spreads into relationships, spending, addictions and anti social behaviour. The one problem I am coming across even more is that of prolonged duress stress disorder.

As for being spongers and scroungers; my clients pay for all their treatment and are often higher management including MDs. I therefore come to the conclusion that it is very real.

It is so a pity that my services are not available on the NHS because I would want to help all despite ability to pay.

More…
Many of the replies to the article gave person experiences of stress and related problems. Most talked about how devastating stress had been. There was also mush about how he NHS could not cope with their particular problem.

Some hark on about how it’s all a con and they should just pull themselves together. “My question to you is: Is it the stress – anxiety – illness real to you?” If the problem is real, then there is so many way that help you. For instance, if the problem is bulling at work then developing assertiveness plus an ability to remain calm is so useful and well within most hypnotherapist and NLP practitioners skills.

‘My quest for size zero'
by DAWN PORTER - Last updated at 08:59am on 1st February 2007 Daily Mail

pressure – pressure – pressure

Why all this pressure to be thin? It is good to be within a certain weight for height ratio, however to be below is as dangerous as being over weight. And as I have said before, the quest alone can be very damaging to your body and the attempts to remain slim.

The most useful method is to listen to your body, it knows best, it will return you to happy and safe weight levels. This is the method that Paul McKenna uses and he gets very high success rates. A key element in such a programme is to work on body image and how you feel.

No comments: